Monday, July 12, 2010

Camping in Texas

For the next three night we stayed safe at Treetop RV Resort.  This is a very urban camp ground.  It is right in the heart of Arlington, Texas.  It was well maintained, had little gardens around and a nice pool and clean laundry room.  Heather and the children were about 45 minutes away.  So in that respects it was perfect.

We picked up the rest of our stuff from Heather's and we still have room in the motorhome, so of course I had to go shopping.  We went to a very large outlet mall in Grapevine, Texas, just north of Dallas.  They had a Corning Ware Outlet there and I wanted to get Corelle dishes.  Heather and I have the same pattern and I thought if I got just what I needed for now, I could pick up the rest of my dishes when we went to our storage unit in October back in CA.  I was going to buy a small 16 piece set, until Bob showed me that 4 of the 16 pieces were cups and 4 were saucers and we already had coffee mugs and never used saucers.  So we bought 4 cereal bowls and 4 plates and left happy.
Before I left Ventura, CA, my friend Shellie make me a tray to hold my wine glasses and mugs, so that they would not rattle around in the cupboard in the motorhome.  She is so clever.  It is very good to surround yourself with crafty friends, especially if you are not.  I have reaped great benefits from my friendship with Shellie.  Thank you Shellie!  I always think of her when I am shopping.  We have shopped all over the world together.

 There was also a Penney's Outet and I got a wine colored throw for the leather coach in the motorhome.  Pralines loves to look out the window and we are afraid of her scratching the leather.  So it was quite a successful shopping day.  I have included a picture of Pralines on her couch, so she can see that wine is a perfect color for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment