Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sea Life Safari



As a Valentine Day treat, Bob and I took a boat tour to explore the diverse ecology of the Laguna Madre Bay.


Bob was ready to check out the birds.  We saw many:  Brown and white pelicans, Coots, Laughing Gull, Great Egrets, Osprey and the state bird of Texas the Mocking Bird.


The boat had a drag net and pulled up crabs from the sea.


Not the type of crab that gives us good crab legs to eat.  Too small.



I think this was squid but I am not sure, could be wrong.




There was a pod of about 150 dolphins.  These were twin babies.


I have lived in California a long time, but this is the most dolphins I have seen.


There were several shrimp boats.


And we were attached by a pirates ship.  You too could become a pirate on this boat.
It was a windy trip but we saw so much it was really enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment