Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010 in Review

I  know, I know, you haven't heard from us for 3 months.  Well, all I can say is retired life is busy.  My resolution for 2011 is to try to be more consistent in my blogging, however, you know how resolutions go.  I thought I'd start the year with a review of 2010.  Enjoy!
January:  Disneyland with Heather, Craig, Addie, Shellie, Bob, and me.
 Addie riding Dumbo
 Bob at breakfast with Chip or Dale???
 Heather, Shellie and me on Alice in Wonderland.
Craig, Heather, and Addie riding Dumbo.

April: We headed to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina to an RV Dreams Rally.
We spent time in Charlotte, South Carolina.
 We took a buggy ride through Charlotte, South Carolina.

Beautiful fountains.
 Beautiful homes.
Happy people.
Plantations.
 Slave quarters.
Talk and performance by a granddaughter of a former slave on this plantation.
Another plantation.

Next the rally:
 Our rally, RV Dreams, was at Willow Tree Resorts.
  Howard and Linda were our hosts.
We had lots of fun!
We made new friends.   Dave and Kathy Whittier. We meet up with them again in September in Goshen, Indiana and will winter with them in Mission, Texas.  Leaving for there tomorrow.
 Jim and Linda.
And friends whose faces we remember but names we forget.

May:  Coming home we packed to retire.
Bob started shredding. Eventually took papers to a commerical company to finish the job.
We cleaned out, packed up and sold most everything.
Including Bob's miata.  He traded driving it to driving a 40' motorhome, towing a CRV.

June:  We headed to Dallas, Texas to wait for Asher's arrival.  Asher's arrival, June 8, 2010
I tried to use my time productively while I waited for Asher's arrival.
David, (Craig's dad and Addie's Dodad) came to check on Heather.
Asher Robert Wilson named after Robert John Gilmore born 6-8-2010.
Addie welcomes her brother.
Asher comes home.
Well that is 6 months.  More to come tomorrow.  Like I said being retired is exhausting.

No comments:

Post a Comment