Thursday, January 13, 2011

What keeps me busy????

When Bob and I babysat Addie and Asher, Addie was using the baby afghan that I made for Asher.  She told me she needed one of her own.  I was making Heather and Craig an afghan, since their dog, Bailey, had eaten a hole in the one I made a few years ago.  I told Addie I would make her one after I finished the one for her mom and dad.  She wanted a blue one just like Asher's because blue is her favorite color. When we went to Hobby Lobby to pick out her yarn, she had her princess bag with her.  She decided that she wanted a princess blanket.  In case you don't know, a princess blanket is pink for Aurora (Sleeping Beauty), blue for Cinderella, yellow for Belle, and green Tiana.  I trimmed it in blue, since that is Addie's favorite color.

So grandma started knitting and here are the finished projects:

Heather wrapped up in her new afghan with Bailey.  He has been warned about eating a hole in this one.

Addie heading to bed with her princess afghan.
Addie asleep with her princess blanket.
Craig didn't want to be left out.  Here he is posing with Addie's blanket. 

It was a lot of work, but I was proud of my results and the family was warm and happy.
Asher wanted to show you that he could crawl and that his hat keeps him warm.  Notice the bib.  Always ready for eats.

No comments:

Post a Comment