Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Hardware Even A Women Could Love. Our trip to Lehman's Hardware

We thought we would leave the sightseeing until after the weekend, we have learned as retirees not to fight the crowds on weekends.  However, Bob wanted to go to Lehman's Hardware.  He had heard this was an incredible hardware not to be missed so we headed out.  I almost didn't go, because it was a hardware but I am sure glad I did! 


Founded by Jay Lehman in 1955 to serve the Amish community and others without electricity, Lehman's ship old-fashion, high quality merchandise all over the world.  When we first walked in, we were a little disappointed, as it seem to have everything other Amish stores had; quilts, canned goods, and wooden furniture and crafts.  This rocking horse was cute, but Heather said that Asher already had a horse that had been Craig's when he was little, so I didn't buy it.
As we continued on in the store, we discovered not only did Lehman's have regular stuff but almost everything you could think of to buy.  Here are a few examples.  Below are a couple of wringer washing machines.  Where else would you find these?
There was a large selection of barbeques but this little baby was my favorite.  I sent Carl Henard a picture of this barbeque, knowing he would order one immediately because of the color if for no other reason. 
Another enjoyable day in Amish country.  We had lunch at Mrs. Yoder's kitchen.  Excellent food and super pie.  Bob had coconut cream and I had raspberry cream.  Believe me you can't get better cooking anywhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment