Saturday, August 7, 2010

New Campground on Mark Twain Lakes

Saturday morning, we move 15 minutes down the road to a COE campground on Mark Twain Lakes.  It was  in a lovely park, with water, and electricity, but too shady for satellite and no cable. The first night a group of car collectors drove their vintage cars through the campground.  It was like a parade and Bob loved it.
Besides no TV, the bugs here were so big, I was going to devote a whole blog to them.  I never got good pictures, so you will just have to take my word for it.  I was eaten up and Bob was untouched.  I wouldn't even go out to walk Pralines, as I was a human target.  The park was beautiful.  Lots of campers on the weekend and known Monday and Tuesday.  Nice boat access and as I said before the water was high.

These steps were supposed to lead down to the beach.  Steps were underwater and no beach.  We stayed here till Wednesday, waiting for our mail, that should have been in Monday.  Without TV and with too many bugs, I didn't enjoy our extended stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment