Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Back in the bay at Red Bay, Alabama

Thought I'd give you an idea of what I do while the motor home is in the bay at Red Bay.  We had to have the motor home in it's bay by 7:00 am.  Most of you know I am not nor will I ever be a morning person.  To get the motor home there by 7:00 you have to get up early!!!! By the way, there are 49 bays all working every day. 


After we delivered the motor home, we went to breakfast.  This is our second visit to Swamp Johns.  It was recommended to us two years ago.  We have breakfast here but we are always told they have catfish on Tuesday nights.  Haven't tried that yet.  Yes, this used to be a gas station.  But the food is great!


I dropped Bob back off at the motor home and went to get the oil changed in the CRV.  There was a line.  Two cars in front of me when I got there and two cars behind me when I left.  This mechanic was the only one in two years other than a Honda dealership who knew how to get the oil indicator light out when he had finished.  That made him OK in my book.


Pralines need a bath and grooming, so I dropped her at the Detail Salon.  You can get everything here:  RV and car washing and detailing, hair cut, styled and dyed, manicure, pedicure, dog grooming, limo rental and lunch.  This is directly across from Camp Tiffin.  I think they found a need and filled it.


Although I took Pralines to the Details Salon, I preferred a place that only did hair and nails.  I had my hair cut and dyed last week, but since I'm still here, I figured I might as well get a mani-pedi, so I stopped to make an appointment.


Next to the Post Office.  If you wonder how we get our mail.  We belong to a RV Club called the Escapees.  Their headquarters are in Livingston, Texas.  Our mailing address in Livingston, Texas and our mail goes there.  Then Bob emails them where we are or where we are going to be. They send our mail, less the junk mail, general delivery to the Post Office where we are.  They send it priority, so we always know it will arrive in two days.  In two years, we only had one problem, when Bob transposed the zip code in one city.


Tonight, we went to dinner at the 4th Street Grill.  This is our 2nd visit this trip.  It is a steakhouse.  We went to dinner there tonight because we were treated to a free meal, if we listened to a presentation from MASA. MASA stands for Medical Air Services Association.  It is an organization that provides transportation in medical emergencies.  After the year we have just experienced, it was something to which we at least wanted to listen.

Oh, Pralines wanted to show you how beautiful she looks. Notice her mani-pedi





1 comment:

  1. Hi Bob and Jacki,
    I'm glad to know that I CAN send something to you in the mail...like a b-day card. Jacki, I hope you got my phone greetings on the 23rd. Glad to see/hear that you are both doing well. We've just come back from T-ride. We took Amtrak and loved it.
    Love,
    C.

    ReplyDelete