Monday, May 21, 2012

New Orleans: Day or I Should say Evening Five

As you know if you've been reading this blog, we have been trying to go to The Court of the Two Sisters, but have had complications.  We had decided that Sunday Jazz Brunch would better fit our schedule.  I had read on Yelps that the Jazz didn't start till noon.  So I thought maybe I'd call and get a reservation and make sure we were there when the Jazz was playing.  Well, it was a good thing I called because you have to have reservations for Sunday Brunch and they were already completely booked for this Sunday.  So I asked about this evening and we were able to get a reservation.  I booked us at 5:30 pm, as you know we can't stay up too late.


We now know where to park for the French Quarter.  Closer to the restaurant and cheaper that other places further away. We checked out the art set up around the fence at Jackson Square.


There was a wedding going on at the cathedral.  I had someone take Bob and my picture.  Bob thinks this picture highlights his belly.


We did a little more window shopping and then arrived at The Court of the Two Sisters.  We waited in the bar for a short time.  
















We were seated in the garden.  As you can see I don't think at this time we needed reservations, but it soon filled up with people, as it was Tulane's graduation.

















After dinner, I told Bob it would be romantic if we took a carriage ride.  Actually, I had prep him for this, so he would be prepared to agree.  A few tricks I learned in our 40 years of marriage. One, Bob wants to be romantic, but doesn't know how, and two it's important to express my expectations 
so I'm not mad because he didn't realize it was important to me.


The horse toured us around the French Quarter.  We'd seen most of it, but it was still beautiful.


We tipped the driver and the horse.


Goodbye New Orleans, we enjoyed spending time in your city. 

1 comment: