Monday, October 21, 2013

Quarter Horse Museum Amarillo, TX

My friend, Jackie, is a big horse lover.  So we traveled to Amarillo to see the Quarter Horse Museum.


 Bronze statues at the entrance.



Entrance Bronze, different finish.


The Hall of Fame for Quarter Horses


The Hall of Fame if for horses, owners, and trainers.

 Horsey Art


Sculptor





Saddles
 Western and English

Interactive Children's Area


Original Bloodline


Awards



















               
                                                                       Chuck Wagon


The History of the Quarter Horse.
















                              
 The starting gate.


Silks


 Equipment

Branding Irons


Bridles


I'm not a big horse fan, but I found this very interesting. I did enjoy the art most, as I think is evident in this blog. I also learned a lot about Quarter Horses, probably the original American horse.



No comments:

Post a Comment