Friday, October 18, 2013

Red River Valley Museum Vernon, Texas

Our first stop was Vernon, Texas.  The lady at the campground recommended The Red River Valley Museum.

This is one of the most impressive wild game trophy displays in the world, donated by Vernon rancher Bill Bond.





















Special exhibit on quilts. I liked these two.  My great-grandmother made the Sunbonnet Quilt for my grandmother and all the great-granddaughters have several squares. My quilt had fabric from my mother's sundresses when she was a girl.


















Several artifacts from Quanah Parker, a famous Indian chieftain, who was the son of a capture white women Cynthia Parker and an indian chief. If you want the whole story  read Ride the Wind.



There is an exhibit of Electra Waggoner Biggs, who is a local nationally renowned sculpture.
A self portrait and a display of her studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment