Saturday, August 10, 2013

After the rain: Thunder Hole, Bubble Rock and Cadillac Mountain

We woke up today to a beautiful, sunny day.  So we had a few things we hadn't seen yet at Acadia National Park. First stop is Thunder Hole.
Lots of people had the same idea we did.


What a geological wonder.





Next we drove to Bubble Rock.  We did not know what a steep climb this would be.  It was a test of my stamina.  Bob's new pacemaker and his stint makes him a very good climber. Did I mention Pralines was with us today and she is an excellent climber.  When I say Maine is rocky, I mean Maine is rocky!


 It was only a half mile to Bubble Rock but it was a half mile up.
The view was worth it.


This is Bubble Rock



I want you to know I made it. With the help of my new hiking stick.(cane)


The hike down was easier, slippery after the rain, but easier. 
Our next stop Cadillac Mountain and the view from the top.


We ate our lunch here. Doesn't Pralines look happy!

We took the walk at the top of Cadillac Mountain, elevation 1529 feet.  Its summit is the highest point in the shoreline of the North American Continent.


Two rainy days make you appreciate the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment