Friday, August 9, 2013

Rainy Day Number Two

We were supposed to take a bus trip through Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park, but it was pouring rain when we got ready to leave.  So, we decided to cancel our trip because we didn't think we'd see much through rain soaked windows.
Instead, we headed to Bangor, Me to go shopping at Sam's Club.  Yes, we have ordinary days too.
We also had to go to PetSmart for dog food.
This is a picture of a church that I thought had an unusual steeple in Bangor.


After our shopping, we decided to drive back to Bar Harbor for lunch.  With the help of Yelps we selected the West Street Cafe. Great place for lunch.  Bob had halibut and I had a crab roll. In this picture, I was trying to show the down pour but Bob was in my way.


I tried the other window and it still doesn't show how hard or long it rains here in Maine.


Since it continued to rain, we continued to eat.  Dessert was a triple chocolate fudge cake for Bob and I had a lemon cake with Italian cream.  Wonderful! Our waiter grew up in Camarillo, such a small world.
With a break in the rain, we did a little shopping.  Bob bought me a hiking stick.  I think it is his way of saying I need a cane.  Old age is hell!!


We also shopped for Pralines.  We headed to Bark Harbor to get her a raincoat. 
I am not sure she was happy with her new coat.


What do you think?


After her first walk in the rain, I think Pralines appreciated it more.


Just thought you'd like to know what we do when it's raining in Maine.

No comments:

Post a Comment